- David Adkisson
Community Members Act Fast in Extinguishing Shed Fire
At 7:58pm March 29, 2018, North Douglas County Fire & EMS was dispatched to a report of flames coming from the roof of a house in the 600 block of Main St. in Yoncalla.
Assistant Chief Grimes was the first to arrive on scene to a shed fire attached to a single wide mobile home. Community members and the homeowner were able to knock the fire down with a fire extinguisher and buckets of water before the first engine arrived. Fire crews finished suppressing the fire and checked for extensions into the house. The fire was started by a generator located on the back side of the attached shed.
The fire caused minor damage to the shed and home and could have been much worse, if it wasn't for the quick actions of community members.
North Douglas County Fire & EMS responded with 2 structural engines and 6 firefighters.